Landscape Paintings - Preseli Hills and Carew Castle, Pembrokeshire

Two recent landscape paintings, made on location in Pembrokeshire.

©THOMAS HASKETT - Track below the preseli hills - 6" X 8" - OIL ON BOARD - PLEASE CLICK TO ENLARGE

©THOMAS HASKETT - EVENING at Carew Castle - 6" X 8" - OIL ON BOARD - PLEASE CLICK TO ENLARGE

 The first is a bit of a practice study that I did to improve my use and understanding of greens. I went up into the Preseli Hills to paint on a farm and I was quite taken by a little track and the strong green of the 'beet' growing in the field behind. It was such a strange colour, and looked exactly as it does here! I also managed to paint in a red kite that flew by.

 The second is a fairly quick study that I made one evening. I was hoping that the tide would be higher, but I liked the warm brown colours of the mud. When I was a boy, my father would take me to the castle at the top of our village to go sketching, I loved it, and so it was great to get back and paint this scene. However, after I finished this it, I found a better view a bit further on - typical!

Bookmark and Share

No comments: